Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Attention 7 Blue Science Students!
Homework Assignment: Tuesday, March 1:

Please comment on Monday's special microscope program with our guest from MIT.
  • What did you like?
  • What could have been better?
  • Any suggestions for how we conduct this program next year?
  • Any other reactions?
Your comments may be anonymous if you wish, but please provide your core (If you want to identify yourself to me, please leave only your initials...)

55 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was fun, but I wish we had more time to look at all the slides. Core 3

Anonymous said...

Me too. My group didn't get all of the slides done. I think there should've been less directions

Anonymous said...

I think it was interesting, but it was kind of crowded and somewhat confusing. We didn't finish all of the slides either. (Core 1)

Anonymous said...

I like looking at all the slides. I wish we had more time or had less slides so we could get through them all.
Core 4 T.C

Anonymous said...

I thought it was fun but,it could have been more exciting and i didn't think we had enough time on the slides. core 4

Anonymous said...

I liked it and I thought it was fun, I loved looking at all the different slides but I wish we had more time. (core 4) KM

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed it because we didn't have to write anything down but, I would have liked to have more time with the slides. Core 4

Anonymous said...

It was a fun hands on activity but my group didn't have enough time to look at all the slides. I hope we can do more activities like this.
H.V. C3 =-)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed it a lot. But I thought that we spent a little too much time on directions and not enough time to get through the slides. Core 2

Anonymous said...

It was all right, but I wish there were more slides to view and more time as well. Core 4

Anonymous said...

It was an interesting experience and a little fun to look at the specimen. I thought we should have a little more time to get the images of the slide. I suggest that we should have some more help because most people needed it. Also maybe refresh the memories of the people who know.

Core 2

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the presentation that was given, but I think that the lab was too small to accommodate all of the students. We did not have enough time to view all of the slides. Perhaps it could be one day for the presentation and two days to examine slides?

Core 1

Anant said...

•What did you like?
looking atslides
•What could have been better?
slideshow and place. crowded
•Any suggestions for how we conduct this program next year?
diff place and more involvement of students.
•Any other reactions?


core 1

Unknown said...

I liked looking at the pond water. It was interesting looking at the moving stuff under the slide.
More time would have been nice.
Make the lab a bit longer.
Any other reactions? Nope.

Anonymous said...

It was very cool with the presentation and all the slides we looked at-good information Dr.Ryder had. It definetly would have helped to have more time working with the microscopes. (core 4)ED

Anonymous said...

-I liked the presentation and looking at the slides.
-definetly more time needed
-Do it next year-really cool.
-no other reactions (core4 ED(sorry this is my 2nd-mess up on first)

Anonymous said...

i like how we got to see diffrent stuff but there was to little time to look at all of them

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed looking at the specimen and Dr.Ryders presentation, but after a vacation a lot of us forgot some of what to do.
(core 2)

Anonymous said...

I loved it, but I wish it could have been continued on to today. Those slides were great. Core 2

David said...

liron u didnt leave your core. FAIL

Anonymous said...

Ya.... We reeeely needed more time, and less people in our group! I had 4,it was very confusing! I loved the slides though! I agree I loved this work shop!

Anonymous said...

I think it was interesting and I learned a lot, but I think he talked a little too fast and I would have liked some more time to look at all the slides in the lab.

Anonymous said...

i had alot of fun, but i thought we should have more time also. i also thought it was very crowded so we could not all use the microscope we were kind of isolated. i agree that there were to many directons... because we knew what we were doing and we had done it many times before.
(Core 2)

Anonymous said...

I thought it was interesting, but I didn't have time to view all the slides. Maybe because Dr.Ryder took more time talking or because of the confusion about the time. I thought the mosquito was really cool, and I also heard that the pond water was cool too, although I didn't have time to look at it. My only reaction in this exploration was the mosquito eyes which made me jump.

P.B Core 4

Unknown said...

I <3 DONUTS!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I thought this activity was fun,and that we should do more hands-on stuff with microscopes and Mr.Gesin's class. I was glad to have this experience.As many have already said, I think we should have had more time to look at the slides, and more detailed directions. Thank you for giving us this oppourtunity mr. Froberg i quite enjoyed it.
Core 4 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

Monday's class was interesting, especially looking at samples under the microscope. If anything, we could have had more time. Also, it would have been nice if Dr. Ryder explained some of the materials he brought with him.

Core 3
AB

Matt F said...

I liked looking at the slides. The only thing that could of have been better was their wasnt alot space and time to look at the slides. Also some people hogged the microscope so maybe next year the school can get volunteers or available workers from MIT to come in and manage the stations to make sure everybody gets a turn and students are using the microscope correctly and responsibly.

Anonymous said...

I liked looking at the slides too. But it felt rushed. Maybe add an extra day? :)


Core3

Anonymous said...

It was pretty fun but my group never finished the slides. Core 1

Anonymous said...

I thought this program was interesting. I like working with the microscopes that take pictures :) I also thought it was cool that someone came from MIT. One thing I didn't like was that there were a lot of people in a group and it was crowded. Maybe next year we could make smaller groups and have more time to look at things.
DZ
Core 2

Anonymous said...

I enjoy seeing the paramecium in the process of dividing. I didn't think we'd have this many slides. (core 2)
Warren G.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed it a lot. I found the presentation quite intersting, it sort of gave you a peek inside of their lab. I really enjoyed the microscopes with the Motic Images program. The lab felt kind of crowded though, and I felt a bit rushed (especially since it was a Team Time day). But, I think it'd be great to do next year, a nice hands-on activity.

Unknown said...

I liked the lab it was fun, but it went by too quick. core 3

Anonymous said...

I thought it was interesting and enjoyed seeing the different slides. :)
core 4

Anonymous said...

It was very fun, and interesting to view the slides, but I agree we needed more time to view the slides. Core 3

Anonymous said...

I thought it was fun, but not wonderful. I think it depends if your group knew what they were doing. It was also very crowded. I think the guy did a nice job.

Anonymous said...

I liked it But it would of been nicer if it was a longer class maybe if they did it on a day that did not have team time. I was Rushed, and my group didn't have all of the slides. Maybe next yeat it could be held in a bigger room or still have groups mixed from each cluster but have half go in one room and half in another for the experiment (not directions)

Core 1

Anonymous said...

I liked it But it would of been nicer if it was a longer class maybe if they did it on a day that did not have team time. I was Rushed, and my group didn't have all of the slides. Maybe next yeat it could be held in a bigger room or still have groups mixed from each cluster but have half go in one room and half in another for the experiment (not directions)

Core 1

Unknown said...

pretty fun, wish i could do this again, core 3. BC.

Anonymous said...

my group didnt get all of the slides done. there were too many slides and we felt rushed. i enjoyed looking at the slides though. :)

Anonymous said...

I thought it was fun looking at all the slides. I also liked being with the other class. My group got 3 slides done so I would have liked more time. core 4

Anonymous said...

I wish we got to look at all of the slides. Some groups had other slides that looked like fun to use. Core 3

Anonymous said...

I liked working with Mr. Gesin’s science class, it was a nice change of pace. The slides were interesting and I also enjoyed showing how to use the microscopes. If I could change something, it would be to allow us more time to look at the slides, and provide us a bigger space to work with. It would have been more enjoyable let us have partial input in choosing our groups.
core 2

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the project wit Dr. Ryder. Although space and group size was an issue the project was more fun and interactive compared to normal science class. Good activity maybe next time you could get two labs for all the students and make smaller group sizes.

Anonymous said...

It was fun but not a lot of time for looking at slides and everyone didn't get to look at the microscope. Core 2

Anonymous said...

we had like, no time at all! maybe we could do it for 2 or better, 3 days? I liked the idea of putting the blue and the white cluster together, though. (core 4)

Anonymous said...

I liked that we saw diffrent things and some of the things close up looked really cool. Something I didn't like was that one of the things was really hard to see. For next year maybe you should have if possible a little more time. Overall I liked it.
Core 3

Anonymous said...

I thought when the proffesor came into science class,it was funducationnal(fun and educational)!! I laughed when he made a joke but no one else did! haha!! I also liked looking at the slides and using the microscopes... but i never want to eat yogurt EVER again in my whole life... but its ok because it was interesting!!
From,
AnNiKa CiAnCiOlO

Anonymous said...

It was fun but there wasnt enough time.
core 1

Andy Shao said...

Dr ryder spoke too fast and quietly for me. I was at the back of the room, so it was even harder to understand what he was saying.
My favorite part of this presentation was looking at the cool slides on the computer. Im kinda sad that I didn't get to view the sea monkeys, though. That would have been awesome.

A.S
Core 1(the best core)

Anonymous said...

it was really fun looking at cool slides. core 2

markus j said...

i never got a turn on the microscope.
i love the doctor Ryder's nerd pin.
smaller groups go better.
more hands on projects.


core2

Anonymous said...

i thought it was SCIENCE-TASTIC! sorry i didn't get around to doing this yesterday. i forgot. any way next time you should do it on an even day so we have more time. and getting into groups was confusing and messy. also the yogurt was DISTURBING. anyway, it was fun short and confusing. core 2, by (take a guess)

Anonymous said...

loved it